We care, and we care deeply. We are a skilled team of professionals who want you and your loved ones to focus on each other at this time in life while we provide the compassionate care and support you all need. We understand the challenges you face and offer a range of services to meet those challenges.
We offer individual care that includes pain and symptom management for the patient as well as a support system for the patient and his or her primary caregivers. We believe that hospice is merely a shift in focus of care, from aggressive treatment plans and hectic medical schedules to the kind of comfort care measures that allow each patient to experience the highest quality of life for as long as possible. When a cure is out of reach, we lend a caring hand.
All American Hospice partners with a variety of healthcare professionals to create the following interdisciplinary team:
- The patient’s primary care physician.
- Registered nurses who visit regularly, manage the care plan, and monitor the patient’s physical condition and level of discomfort while showing family members how to best care for the patient between the regularly scheduled visits.
- Medical social workers who listen, support, and help the patient and family members deal with the emotional drain and stress attached to this time and connect them to the community resources that may serve them.
- Home health aides who help with personal care tasks, such as bathing the patient, changing bed linens, and using bathroom facilities.
- Trained volunteers who help with the smaller tasks of daily living, such as light housekeeping, transportation, companionship, and running errands.
- A chaplain who may offer spiritual direction and additional counseling.
- Bereavement support staff who help family members cope with grief and loss before, during, and up to 13 months after the death of their loved one.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists as needed.
We believe that hospice is merely a shift in focus of care, from aggressive treatment plans and hectic medical schedules to the kind of comfort care measures that allow each patient to experience the highest quality of life for as long as possible. When a cure is out of reach, hospice lends a caring hand.
We will care for the patient and their loved ones in a highly skilled and professional manner. We will respect the fact that we have been called to enter your lives and will honor your need for privacy as much as possible. We will help you manage the big tasks so that you may enjoy the precious moments that remain.
To learn more about All American Hospice, including eligibility/admission criteria, available services, and reimbursement and cost, please call our office at (215)322-5256 so we can assist you. Click here for a copy of our brochure.
To download a PDF on Medicare Hospice Benefit from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, click here.